I am working with a client to set up dialing from Outlook. There is one user that is not working correctly. Once the TSP is installed, the line options includes 2 out of the 5 lines on the users phone, and the main (first) line is not one on the list.
If we set up the user on a different PC, it works fine, it is only an issue on the users PC.
They are using Outlook XP with the latest updates. The CallManager version is 4.1(3)sr3. The PC's that it worked on are also Outlook XP with the latest updates installed.
Has anyone seen something like this before?
You install the TSP plugin from CCM on that client PC and configure the Phones and Modems to point to CCM CTI Manager, specifing the CCM user.
Take a look at this link:
anyway to make calls using the Global Address List for Exchange users? I know we could just copy from the GAL to Contacts, but it would be helpful to be able to dial extensions for users in the GAL.
go back through and try to reinstall the Ciscotsp device. The first time through it did not ask me for the avaudio32.dll file. If you try to reinstall the hw, it should ask for that file which will complete the installation.
I re-installed the TSP and rebooted my pc, yet it doesn't show a line that starts with the MAC of my phone, as per the document that Chris has pointed out.
Any help will be appreciated.
Got it working, had to follow the following steps from C:\Program Files\Cisco - ciscotsp.txt file. Earlier I did the re-install by just double-clicking on the executable downloaded from CCM Admin page.
For Windows XP:
From Control Panel execute the "Add Hardware" utility. Click the
"Next" button. Select "Yes, I have already connected the hardware"
Radio button. Click Next. Select "Add a new Hardware device" from the list.
Click the "Next" button. Select "Install the hardware that I manually
select from a list" radio button. Click the "Next" button. Select
"Sound, video and game controller" when prompted for hardware type.
Click the "Next" button. Click the "Have Disk" button when prompted
to "Select a Device Driver". Click the "Browse" button on the
"Install from Disk" window. Browse to
C:\Program Files\Cisco\Wave Drivers and select the file "OEMSETUP".
Click "Open" to install the Cisco Wave Driver and select OK.
Highlight the "Cisco TAPI Wave Driver" in Select a Device Driver window
and select 'Next'. Select 'Next' in "Start Hardware Installation" window.
If Prompted for "Digital signature Not Found" click on "Continue Anyway"
When prompted for "Install from disk 1" for file avaudio32.dll, choose
Browse button and select path "C:\Program Files\Cisco\Wave Drivers"
and click Open to install the avaudio32.dll.
When prompted to reboot your machine, do so.
This was the trick.. well actually some other people earlier mention how to add the TSP from CCM pluggins page also.. I'll see if I can get them points also.
But this helped.. I installed the 3.x from the CCM page, and outlook would not show my phone at all.... but after I did this fix... it showed all the devices my login is associated with... nice!
Make sure CTIManager service is running on CCM, try resetting it, also did you specify the correct user, make sure that the phone is associated with this user in CCM.