Views
Helpful
Replies

dialing plain - FXO in two sites

paulojunior
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two sites with FXO ports (four channels each site).

The extensions in the two sites have same number, in site 1, the extensions are 2.. i n another site, the extensions are 22... how can make a dialing plain, when i will configure dial-peer in the routers in the sites?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

net-sol
Level 1
Level 1

Above solution is good and easy.

If you are ready to dial other number to get translated to original then the solution could be a translation-rule in dial-peers.

Example

translation-rule 9

Rule 1 ^52122% 22

!

!

dial-peer voice 22 voip

destination-pattern 521T

translate-outgoing called 9

session-target ipv4:192.168.10.1

!

Just another thought.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

I think what you should do here is to add a location code to the existing extension #s and use it in the dial pattern.

Thanks for your answer,

But, I have some doubts about location code, can use any symbol?

The location code only must be used in a site?

the digits are sent of pabx for the router together with the location code?

Best regards.

Yes, symbols can be part of location code but why would you want it that way? You could add some more digits as the location code. When one site dials the other site extension, it would dial the loc-code+extension. Whereas calls within the location will dial without the location code

Yes, the Pabx should pass on those digits to the router to take appropriate routing decision. You will need changes in the Pabx as well to incorporate the location code.

net-sol
Level 1
Level 1

Above solution is good and easy.

If you are ready to dial other number to get translated to original then the solution could be a translation-rule in dial-peers.

Example

translation-rule 9

Rule 1 ^52122% 22

!

!

dial-peer voice 22 voip

destination-pattern 521T

translate-outgoing called 9

session-target ipv4:192.168.10.1

!

Just another thought.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: