Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dialling from 2 clusters.

Hi,

I have 2 clusters (A & B) of CCM 4.1.3. Now i have one gateway from cluster A and the outgoing is 9 for that. i need to dial 9 for calling outside.

I have ICT's between clusters A & B.

Now i want to use the same gateway from cluster B also by dialling 9.

How do i do that.

Request help.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Dialling from 2 clusters.

I am not good to express myself... hopefully it makes sense to you.

I beleive you have "intercluster trunk" created it with or without gatekeeper.

Treat intercluster trunk gateway as a voice gateway (MGCP, H.323), put it in route-group, route-list and then pattern pattern.

Then assign to CSS for those IP Phones at Cluster B.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

These things are done and the phones are able to communicate with each other. But my query was how to make the phones of cluster B use the same dial out facility of Cluster A by pressing 9.

Thanks

Bronze

If I understand you correctly, you want Phones at Cluster B to use Voice gateway at Cluster A.

So at Cluster B CallManager:

At the route pattern configuration like this: 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX. Then select Gateway or Route List which is your Intercluster Trunk.

Thanks

Ken

If you are wanting to use the gateway @ site A for site B users you would want to create a new 9.@ route pattern and point to the ICT of cluster A. If site B has its own gateway you may want to configure additional partitions and route filters to apply to the new 9.@ so that calls which should route locally are not sent across the trunk. -Adam

Views
Helpful
Replies