cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialogic board config

kimberly
Level 1
Level 1

I am a Unity Certified Engineer. Fortunatley, I have never had to do a dual-integration yet. When I was reading about the Dialogic D41E PCI board configuration in the Installation Guide, I noticed the rotary dial configuration says the first board should be set to 1 and the second board set to 2, etc. But the Unity system Engineering book I used for the test last year says the first board should be set to 0 and the second board set to 2.<br><br>I thought I should point out the error in the Unity documentation between the Unity system engineer book for the test & the Unity Installation guide.<br><br>So which book is correct?<br><br>Is the Dialogic D41E PCI rotary switch first board supposed to be set to 0 or 1?<br><br>

8 Replies 8

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go with the current installation guide... 1 for the first board, 2 for the second, etc.
-Eric

have you configured a Dialogic D41E PCI board before?

When I took my test, I was looking at my System Engineer book & answered 0 for board one & 1 for board two etc.

I beleive it is confusing to know which book is right. This inconsistency between the two books has been there for at least the past year & a half. Why has no one corrected this yet?

In theory, the boards should work fine as long as each uses a unique setting. However there can be behavioral differences between settings so we try to standardize it for testing and support. I believe there were some isolated cases where the 0,1,... numbering was failing so the 1,2,... was adopted. I don't know the details off hand. The 1,2,... numbering is what we've been testing with for some time now. I'm not sure why the System Engineer Book doesn't reflect this.

Thanks for that info.

Since that was a question on the Unity Engineer test, they should change it in the Engineering book. Now I am not even sure if I was graded right or wrong for my answer on that test!! That test question has two correct answers at this point - until they update the engineering test book.

Not applicable

We cleaned this up for the 3.0 Installation Guide. Here's the text from Appendix A:

Each Intel Dialogic card with a rotary switch in the Cisco Unity server—regardless of model number—must have a unique value, starting with 1 and continuing in sequence on subsequent cards. For example, set the rotary switch on the first three voice cards as shown below. This is also the order in which you install the cards in the server.

I send some feedback to the team that put together the manual with incorrect information so that they can correct their document.

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems

Edited by Jami_Stewart on 12/13/01 11:41 AM.

Ok. so the installation guide is correct. It the Unity System Engineer book for the Unity Engineer Test that needs to be corrected then.

Not applicable

This has already been changed in the 3.0 version of the Unity System Engineer book.

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems

Well that is good news.