Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.
Cisco Employee

Dialogics picking up after 2 rings, not 1

I have a dual switch integration. The switch type is set to Generic SMDI. I set the Unity to answer after one ring. Consistantly, it picks up after two rings. On the CM side, it picks up immediately. Anything I should check on the Dialogics? The switch is an Intecom S10 (using SMDI and OPX lines, its an "out of Box").

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Dialogics picking up after 2 rings, not 1

How was the system set to answer after one ring? Can you post the switch file?

The "RingsToAnswerOn" setting in the switch file isn't really based on number of rings. It's based on time. So, if you have the setting at "1", what's really happening is that the Dialogic TSP will delay an amount of time for the approximate duration of one ring cycle before extending the call to Unity.

There's a chance that this setting isn't even applicable to Dialogic T1.

Cisco Employee

Hey Steve,

I am using the generic switch type for the SMDI integration. I set the number of rings using the edit switch utility. Where can I tweak this setting in the TSP?

Also, I am using the 120 board (12 port analog) and not the T1.

Cisco Employee

Just a followup. The integration wasn't working completely. On unidentified or invalid packets, the calls would only pick up after 2 rings while Unity decided what to do. Once the Integration was complete, the calls picked up on one ring as expected

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content