Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dialout/EZ with a Cisco AS5350

I have a Cisco AS5350 E1 120 VOIP bundled server, and am interested in making some of the voice channels available as a modem pool to a FaxServer. I understand that I can utilise Tactical Software's Dialout/EZ product to enable my fax server software to see the modem pool as a com port attached modem device and then I'm away. This seems to be supported for AS5300 access servers, but I can't find anywhere that says anything as to whether it's supported for the AS5350 I have, can anyone shed some light?

The documentation I have found indicates that both ends have to be enabled for COM Port control, and that this should be the case for Cisco IOS version 12.1(8) or higher. The Dialout/EZ software appears to send AT... modem interogation commands to the Cisco, which doesn't know how to respond.

I'd appreciate any guidance anyone could offer.

Thanks,

CR.

1 REPLY

Re: Dialout/EZ with a Cisco AS5350

Never mind, I've got it working now. It was a combinations of things, one of which was the AAA Authentication, which is supposed to be supported, but does not appear so in my scenario.

regards,

CR.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content