cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dialpeer busy - select second h323 gateway

phartl
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 2651XM Routers, each of them has a h323 gateway configured. On Router 1# there is a dialpeer to an E1 port configured. On Router 2# there is a GSM Gateway configured. If the dialpeer to the GSM GW is busy (2 channels are in use) the h323 GW on Router 1# (E1-PRI) should be selected.

How can I configure this. The two GW´s are in a route-group.

thx for help

18 Replies 18

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

create 2 route groups, such as:

RG-PSTN (gateway PSTN)

RG-GSM (gateway GSM)

and create 2 Route List:

RL-PSTN--> RG-PSTN

RL-GSM (top-down method) --> RG-GSM (first choice), RG-PSTN (secondChoice)

create route-patterns for gsm and pstn,

RP-GSM --> RL-GSM

RP-PSTN --> RL-PSTN,

hope this helps..

greetings

mehmet

Thank you.

It seems to be OK.

thx

Patrick

Having the same problem here.

The solution made by mehmet wasn't succesful.

Still getting a busy tone when the GSM is busy on all channels. Looks like the CM is not jumping to the second H.323 gateway in the Route Group (to down)

the solution is successful.

1. Make two route groups

2. make two route lists

3. on route-list gsm the pstn is the second choice

4. make on both router a dialpeer for gsm

5. don´t write the command "max-con 2" in the dialpeer for the gsm dialpeer

A screenshot is better than 1000 words. Please take a look at my configuration in the attachements.

Dial-peer is configured with max-conn option

these are the screenshots of my solution. the picture1 (bild1) is the route-group (the first ip is the gsm gw) the picture 2 shows us the route list. i hope this will help you

teodor.dobrev
Level 1
Level 1

Or you can do on the gateway with the GSM another dial-peer sending calls to the E1 router with

preference 1

command and with the same dest. pattern you use on the first dial-peer to send calls to the GSM gateway.

example:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 089T

port 2/0 ! To the gsm gateway

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 089T

preference 1

session target ipv4: A.B.C.D ! IP of the other router

Of course dial-peer for this patterns on the second router is needed too - pointing to the E1 port

Teodor's option is not possible because I need to send the number from the CM to the PSTN Gateway. This gateway is ownded by the provider and not possible for me to configure.

The CM needs to know if the routing to the GSM-GW is available and needs to choose between the gateways...

have you access to the router with the gsm gw ?

No, GSM Gateway and PSTN Gateway are on different locations, only accessible from CCM

If you only have access to the CCM, then I think you have to contact your provider. If you have access to the gsm-gw-router, then I can help you. sorry !

Access to CCM and GSM gateway. Not the PSTN Gateway

Hi All

If I understand the problem correctly - you have two H323 gateways, and CallManager fails to send calls to the second when the first is fully utilised?

If so you need to change the following CallManager Service Parameter:

Stop Routing on User Busy Flag

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Perhaps with newever versions of CM then I was working with at the time and perhaps with the above Service Parameter it would work but 6 months ago or so when I was trying to do the same thing TAC told me that this redunancy is not possible with h323 registered gateways because the call control is not performed by Call Manager and there was no way for the gateway to really tell call manager to take the call back if no ports were available and send it to the next member in the route group or route list.

I even tried some of the dial-peer manipulation and send the call over standard voip peer with no success.

In order for me to accomplish this I had to switch to MGCP controlled gateway.