Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DID dial-plan pattern and translation rules simultaneously

Hello all,

I have a block of 30 DID numbers, 20 of these will be sequential DID, bound to 20 internal phones. 10 of these are in no particular sequence as they have had them for many years, are general access numbers, and need to be sent to the reception desk for handling.

What would be the best way to handle this situation? Can you use dial-plan pattern for the 20 sequential DID's and a translation rule for the other 10 non-sequential DIDs sent to the reception phone?

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: DID dial-plan pattern and translation rules simultaneously

You did not specify if you have CCM or CME, if it is CCM you can use translation patterns configured on CCM to translate the incoming dialed number to the receptionist DN just like you said, if you have H.323 GW you can use translation rules on the GW to accomplish the same (if CME that's the way to do it). In your translation pattern you can use wildcards, you mentioned that they are all over the place, but if for example they all start with 3,5,6 use [356]XXX, you get the point.

Chris

You did not specify if you have CCM or CME, if it is CCM you can use translation patterns configured on CCM to translate the incoming dialed number to the receptionist DN just like you said, if you have H.323 GW you can use translation rules on the GW to accomplish the same (if CME that's the way to do it). In your translation pattern you can use wildcards, you mentioned that they are all over the place, but if for example they all start with 3,5,6 use [356]XXX, you get the point.

Chris

Chris,

Sorry for my delay in getting back.

I am running CME 3.3.

I am still confused. Would i use a dial-plan pattern for the 20 sequential DIDs and then use a translation rule for the non sequential ones? Or would is just a dial-plan pattern for the 20 sequential DID's and a seperate dial-plan pattern for each non sequential DID?

Thanks!

Are your ephone-dns setup as full 10 digit number or just a 4 digit number? If they are 4 digit numbers you need to create a tranlastion rule or an alias to map the 10 digit number to 4 digit number, for the remaining non sequential DID you will create a translation rules to translate the called number to the receptionist number.

Chris

They are 4 digit.

So i gather from your post that either a) translations rules and dial-plan pattern can't be used simultaneously or b) dial-plan pattern can't be used in my situation.

Would dial-plan pattern be useful if all my DIDs were sequential?

Sorry for being dense, but it seems like dial-plan pattern would be useful but there isn't any info on using i in conjunction with translation rules.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content