Helpful
Replies

DID over CAT6500 WS-X6608 overlap receiving issue

OliP.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I think I've a sig & num digits issue here:

I've a cat6509 with ws-x6608-e1 gateway on cm 3.2.2(c). The problem is when calls are not "block-dialed" incoming. I enabled sig digits and gave num digits value 4 (the dn's are from 0000 to 9999). Think it's a overlap receiving issue. When someone calls from outside by typing the DID number-by-number the setup message differs and the call can't be connected. If the call is block-dialed (i.e. from mobile phone) everything works fine.

I've opened a tac case, but maybe you guys are faster ....

Thanks in advance...

Oliver

2 Replies 2

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

Oliver-

Did you ever resolve this problem??

Yes I did, but it was a little tricky. Here's the solution:

Don't set sig digits on the gateway(s) and leave num digits at default value (I'm not sure but think it's 23). Then build a translation patter which maches your internal extension with X (i. e. for 4 digit extensions: 555.XXXX) and use discard digits in the pattern with "pre-dot". So you're cutting all everythin in front of the . and the extensions will match. The ugly thing is to send all incomplete or non-exsisting dn's to the operator. I think you can only do by building up several route patterns, but be careful with that. My first result was to route about 500 extensions to operator ....

If you need more details, just drop me an email.

Regards

Oliver

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: