Views
Helpful
Replies

Digit manipulation problem for outgoing call

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir

I am facing problem when i tried to dial just 2xxx for remote branch(fours digit it does not dial).

But when i dial with 2xxxxxx (seven digits its work fine and call land on my destination remote phone). with this rule

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /^2....../ /215205524/

but it does not work when i use

rule 1 /^2.../ /215205524/

it does not dial , i have attached my complete gateway configuration ,kindly check the dial-peer matching, i think i m missing something in dial-peer.

Could you plz correct my configuration , As i am using CCM with h.323.

you assistance will be higly appreciated

thanks

!

my Scenario is to dial 2xxx (four digits and call should land on my remote destination , as i do with 2xxxxxx (seven digits)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you just need a translation pattern in CCM

place on that says 62XXX in pt-internal

then do translate called party to

2052XXX and choose a CSS that can find the phones at the remote branch and walla!

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Chad

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

you should rather use sth like this:

rule 1 /^2\(...\)/ /215205\1/

But maybe you can't call to short numbers because you have dial plan collision. 2xxx and 2xxxxxxx have the same beginning and after you dial 2xxx CCM is waiting for inter digit timeout. Short dialing should have different prefix.

--

regards,

PK

I tested both of these rules and they both work, have you checked your Route Pattern on the CM?

Also have you tried to debug the gateway to make sure the 4 digit call is even making it to the GW?

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

in your conf

rule 1 /^2.../ /215205524/

!

!

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 100

!

dial-peer voice 400 pots

translation-profile outgoing 1

destination-pattern 6T

this will never cause a translation since you have you translation matching only number that START with 2, and the only dial-peer you have configured that translation on is a 6T.

What are you trying to do?

Chad

What i wanted to do is basically i want to take PSTN dial done by pressing 6 . than want to dial 2xxx digits so my call will land on remote branch IP phone.

I am using call manager and i have a route pattern 6.@ in CCM.

your assistance will be higly appreciated.

you just need a translation pattern in CCM

place on that says 62XXX in pt-internal

then do translate called party to

2052XXX and choose a CSS that can find the phones at the remote branch and walla!

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: