Views
Helpful
Replies

digit strip and prepend or translation rule

annayuzhao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Here is a scenario may need you guys help out.

DID from carrier is 7 digits, 78XXXXX.

Internal extension is 256XXXXX, last five digits are same as the ones from DID.

I want to configure either digit discard or translation rule on the router. How can I do it, Translation rule doesn't support XXXXX format.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

you can do a num-exp so that the incomming number is translated to the extension. you will need this for SRST if you want the DID to work.

example:

num-exp 7812345 25612345

Geoff

You are right. It's for SRST when MGCP went down. After create this do I have to apply something on the dial-peer? I tried with the command seems not working.

Here is the debug

*Mar 1 06:41:17.246: %CALL_CONTROL-6-APP_NOT_FOUND: Application mgcpapp in dial-peer 100 not found. Handing callid 79 to the alternate app .

I don't think so, but I will double check. for SRST you are using "call-manager-fallback"? do you have the "access-code pri 9T direct-inward-dial" command activated to access the pri?

Geoff

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

For h.323 environments you could use

Voice-port 0/0:15

translate called 1

translation-rule 1

rule 1 ^78 256

this changes anything incoming on the voice port to match your number pattern, it also works for srst because the number translation is applied before anyother dial-peers / call routing takes place.

It may also work for MGCP but as I very rarely use it I can't confirm.

Paul

Thanks for your reply. After further troubleshooting, I found that's not the translation problem. In order to isolate the problem, I use the 7 digits as extension on the phone, but incoming still didn't work. I think there is some SRST configuration problem in my config. I post this as another question in the forum, if you are interested, please see this topic:

incoming call problem when in SRST mode

Result report: fixed. The basic problem is missing call active alternate DEFAULT statement. after this command call is being processed, then I use the comand num-exp you guys provided. Things work.

Thanks a lot, guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: