Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digit stripping between Gateway and Callmanager

I have a H.323 gateway that I am trying to get it to send a pattern to a Cisco Callmanager. On the same regard I am trying to send a pattern to the Cisco Call manager from the H.323 gateway.

My problem is I need to strip digits off the dial pattern before it sends it to the call manager. I was looking at applying a translation rule on the router to do this but I can't find anything about stripping digits only replacing digits.

Whats frustrating is if this wasn't a voip dialpeer but going to a pots the pattern would strip off the digits before presenting them to the next device aka the pots line.

Any suggestions how I can do this?

19 REPLIES

Re: Digit stripping between Gateway and Callmanager

You can use the translation rule to strip the digits. Depending on the pattern I usually do this with only passing the variable over to the output. Here is a sample below. If you post what you are looking to strip, before and after, I'm sure one of us can post the correct syntax for you.

This is an example of stripping the 8 off a 8 digit inter-site dial patten

voice translation-rule 8555

rule 1 /^8\(.......$\)/ /\1/

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Matthew,

I just read further and my last post would be for stripping the digits off an H323 dial-peer, ex. dial-peer out to your CCM.

If you are also having issues with the POTS dial-peer stripping digits going out, then you want to add the forward-digits all command. By default POTS dial-peers strip digits other than wildcards.

Thanks

Fred

No the issue from what we can see is that the

H.323 gateway isn't stripping off the 101.... where .... is the phone extension I am trying to call. however the 101 is matching my dialpeer statment but its forwarding 1013333 (where 3333 is the phone ext im calling) to call manager and call manager doesn't know what to do with 1013333 because it doesnt match anything.

I know I could build a translation pattern on the Call manager however I would like to handle it on the router before it hands it to the call manager similar to how a pots does it.

looking at your example I can just swap out the 8 to a 9 and come up with a similar pattern.

Actually the best thing to do would be to set the inbound significant digits on the CCM H323 gateway to 4. Most gateways receive more than the internal extension range and this is how this is achieved in CCM 95% of the time.

As far as doing it on the H323 gw, this is possible. Here is the config. Will give an example you can replace the dial-peer numbers and names

voice translation-rule 101

rule 1 /^101\(....$\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile 101-out

translate called 101

dial-peer voice 101 voip

translation-profile outgoing 101-out

destination-pattern 101....

voice-class codec 1

ip qos dscp cs5 media

no vad

no shutdown

I didn't use a router to generate this so watchout for any syntax I mighta goofed. You should be able to get the jist from this. Your example show 101.... but then you referenced a 9. If you are using 9101.... to dial the CCM, then use this rule instead. Of course the destination-pattern would be different too.

rule 1 /^9101\(....$\)/ /\1/

Thanks

Fred

hmm im getting close but its still not working..

let me break it down a bit more for you (this is one way - the one I am troubleshooting at the moment)

MainOfficePBX=>H.323gateway=>H.323gateway=>CCM

the main office pbx is connected via T1 card.

so when I dial 876 it picks up a port and I dial my digits 91011101 (where 1101 is the extension im calling)

the call leaves the first H.323 gateway and goes to the 2nd H.313 gateway where it is received as called=91011101, calling=""

I have a dial peer on this router/gateway as:

rule 1 /^9101\(....$\)/ /\1/

!

voice translation-profile 101-out

translate called 101

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number 9101....

session target ipv4:10.170.161.10

ip qos dscp ef signaling

where 10.170.161.10 is my CCM.

At this point I get a busy signal.

What I am aiming for is to edit 9101 and leave 1101 and pass 1101 to the call manager but its not looking like its going to the call manager.

I'm concerned my debug is showing it isn't working. I don't see it trying to pass 1101 to my call manager ip address.

Matthew,

Change your dial-peers to be these instead.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description Default Dial-Peer VOIP from PBX

ip qos dscp ef signaling

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 9101....

ip qos dscp ef signaling

Also while the call is active and busy get a show voice call status so we can see your dial-peer matching. Please provide the output for the call you are trying.

Thanks

Fred

(PBX ATTACHED H.323 Gateway - seperate router)

!

dial-peer voice 9101 voip

description VoIP to remote site

session target ipv4:10.170.162.1

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp

ip qos dscp ef signaling

no vad

(CCM site with H.323 Gateway - seperate router)

!

ip qos dscp ef signaling

Is what I have.

10.170.161.10 = my CCM

I get a busy signal and doing a show voice call status = No active calls found

ill post my debug of the ccapi inout

(PBX ATTACHED H.323 Gateway - seperate router)

!

description VoIP to remote site

session target ipv4:10.170.162.1

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp

ip qos dscp ef signaling

no vad

(CCM site with H.323 Gateway - seperate router)

!

ip qos dscp ef signaling

Is what I have.

10.170.161.10 = my CCM

I get a busy signal and doing a show voice call status = No active calls found

ill post my debug of the ccapi inout

Matthew,

You need an inbound dial-peer match and an outbound dial-peer match. I don't believe the one dial-peer you have is going to suffice for both of these needs unless you added some statements. I usually prefer to use two dial-peers in my experience. Can you try applying the configuration I previouslly posted without any other dial-peers using the same patterns/incoming-called numbers. I would like this applied to the CCM H323 router. Technically we could use the default H323 dial-peer but I like to replace that. I believe the main issue is you have an inbound dial-peer on your second router but not a signicant outbound dial-peer. The two I provided you with should do the job as long as no other ones interfere.

Also please try giving a debug dial-peer all. This will help me better understand your dial-peer selection.

Here is a good document for you describing inbound and outbound dial-peer matching. Currently, based off what I see of your config, there is no outbound dial-peer match on the second router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic7

Thanks

Fred

That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up:

ok I can't remove all the dial peers off this router because it is production however I did remove the one dial peer I was working on and just copied and pasted the two you said into the router.

here is the debug from the debug dialpeer command:

Sep 8 14:47:59.024: Inside dpMatchCore:

Sep 8 14:47:59.024: destination pattn: 91011101 expanded string: 91011101

Sep 8 14:47:59.024: MatchNextPeer: Peer 1 matched

Sep 8 14:47:59.028: Inside dpMatchCore:

Sep 8 14:47:59.028: destination pattn: 91011101 expanded string: 91011101

Sep 8 14:47:59.028: MatchNextPeer: Peer 1 matched

Sep 8 14:47:59.036: Inside dpMatchCore:

Sep 8 14:47:59.036: destination pattn: 91011101 expanded string: 91011101

Sep 8 14:47:59.040: MatchNextPeer: Peer 1 matched

Sep 8 14:47:59.040: Inside dpMatchCore:

Sep 8 14:47:59.040: destination pattn: 91011101 expanded string: 91011101

Sep 8 14:47:59.040: MatchNextPeer: Peer 1 matched

Sep 8 14:47:59.044: Inside dpMatchPeersMoreArg

Sep 8 14:47:59.044: dpMatchPeersMoreArg: Match Dest. pattern; called (91011101)

Sep 8 14:47:59.048: Inside dpMatchCore:

Sep 8 14:47:59.048: destination pattn: 91011101 expanded string: 91011101

Sep 8 14:47:59.048: MatchNextPeer: Peer 2 matched

Sep 8 14:47:59.048: dpMatchPeersMoreArg: Result=0 after MATCH_ORIGINATE

looks like its matching peer 2 but im not sure if its stripping those digits off and sending 1101 to the call manager.

Would it be possible to get a full configuration posted for the CCM H323, minus any ips or passwords? Also from a standpoint just want to verify you have the H323 gateway defined in CCM and it has a GW CSS allowing calls inward to the IP Phones? I think we are almost there.

Thanks

Fred

see attached for the config and a screen capture of my ccm gateway

Is there anyway to debug those translation rules?

I ask because when I look at my ccapi debug im seeing:

Sep 8 14:55:37.066: //125/6F1DA72988C8/CCAPI/cc_process_call_setup_ind: (event=0x8317A0D0)

Sep 8 14:55:37.070: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_setupind_registration_lookup: matching parameters - called# [91011101], calling# [], consultid []

Sep 8 14:55:37.070: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_setupind_match_search: Searching for node with called# [91011101], calling# [], consultid []

Sep 8 14:55:37.070: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_setupind_registration_lookup: No matching node

which to me says its talking to CCM but using 91011101 and call manager cant find a matching node (phone)

Well I didn't see much in the configuration of the H323 router that jumped out at me. You don't have a calling search space assigned for your H323 GW in CCM. Are your phones in Partitions? If so you will need a CSS assigned that has access to the phone partitions. This will stop the call from setting up.

If that isn't it, did you ever have this working without the digit striping on the H323 gateway? Meaning set the Num Digits to 4 and the check the Sig digits box in CCM H323 configuration. This would also require removing the transaltion rule on the router. It would be nice just to see if we can route the call with just the CCM stripping the leading digits. If that works we can go back to the H323 router configuration.

Also before you do this if you could attach another debug dial-peer with the new dial-peer additions and a test call.

Thanks

Fred

I think we have a firewall problem still. I thought I had them open it up but after some testing i think its being blocked from talking from the router to the ccm however the ccm can talk to the router just fine.

after I know thats out of the picture ill go back and test it out some more.

thank you for your help.

No porblem, once that is out of the way definitely try the gateway changes on CCM. Testing that should make this easy then we can resolve any translation issues on the H323 GW.

Make sure your FW admin allows all the H323 ports and RTP.

Thanks

Fred

mk,

What's your translation pattern rule on CCM?

It looks like?

101.XXXX

Vitor

I do not have one setup on my CCM.

Matthew,

You don't have a translation pattern on CCM?

Do you tried to create a dial-peer that uses only the CCM extensions range (IP phones numbers)? In the gateway that resides with CCM you can do a dial peer that match with the ip phone's extensions on CCM. You can use the dial-peer rules you described above, plus a dial-peer rule like this:

dial-peer voice 91011234 voip

destination-pattern (Your CCM extensions range)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

Sorry for my english...

Vitor

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content