Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

digit timing problems w/ xfer, msgs, XXXX#2, xfer

Running CCM 3.1(3a), Unity TSP 6.0.1.0<br><br>An operator is having extreme difficulties when transferring outside callers directly to a subscribers mailbox using the transfer, messages, xxxx#2, transfer method (no need for a # after the messages button, the phone does not have a subscriber associated with it).<br><br>I have watched her perform the procedure about 200 times. About 33% of the time, unity plays "sorry, I did not recognize that as a valid entry.". After she hears this error played to her, the operator tries the extension again followed by #2 and it works flawlessly. Sometimes, it takes up to 4 times entering the same extension before it accepts her input and enters the subscriber’s mailbox.<br><br>Would this be a CCM to Unity digit timing issue? DTMF not being sent properly? What setting can I play with to try and correct this problem?<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br><br>Logan<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: digit timing problems w/ xfer, msgs, XXXX#2, xfer

We'd have to see if it is a digit timing issue, or if certain digits she dials are never sent. One thing that you could check is to see what the timing to wait for additional digits is set to on the Caller Input section of the Call Handler the operator hits when she transfers callers into Unity.

To check to see if all digits are making it, the easist thing to do is to open \commserver\techtools\statusmonitor.exe

The conversation window, I believe will show the digits dialed (unless it is some one's password that is being entered).

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks, statusmonitor showed that she was dialing the extension before the call handler answered. It was only seeing the last 3 digits of the extension.

Regards,

Logan

Anonymous
N/A

Normally I would create a range of DN's on CCM to FWD all to Unity (eg- if the extensions are 3xxx I would create a 2XXX range of 'phantom' phones) In Unity, a call handler is built for each 2XXX DN to always transfer to the greeting of the subscriber.
Sometimes, a translation pattern in CCM like: *3.XXX (Predot and insert 2) is helpful for attendants.
What that does is allow them to dial *3001 to "quick transfer" into a Subscribers box. There are docs out on CCO that detail this further I think.

More administration time is needed for this solution, but if they are having that much of a problem then it might be worth it.

Anonymous
N/A

Yes, I have already done this for a certain range of extensions.

Good suggestion.

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies