cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Networking and Voicemail-Only Users

justin.menga
Level 1
Level 1

Let's say that I want digital networking to enable distribution lists that include voicemail-only users. Voicemail-only users are in their own Exchange 5.5 site, separate from the corporate Exchange 5.5 infrastructure. To enable digital networking, I set up a directory replication connector to the corporate Exchange infrastructure from the voicemail-only site. This means that voicemail-only users have TWO mailboxes - one for their normal email (in the corporate Exchange infrastructure) and one for their voicemail (in the voicemail-only site).

The question is, can I hide the voicemail-only voicemail mailboxes, to avoid confusion with the voicemail-only users email mailboxes when other users are addressing email messages, yet still enable other Unity servers to populate the local SQL database with info about each voicemail-only subscriber (i.e. is Unity smart enough to read subscriber information that has the hidden attribute set, assuming Exchange 5.5 replicates hidden directory information).

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, Unity will "see" users (and public distribution lists for that matter) that are marked hidden in the address book. This has been on by default for most 3.x versions, in some earlier versions you had to turn on a registry key for that to work properly.