I have just finished installing Unity for a customer in 2 different offices. The two sites are using Unity's networking. The Exchange sites are connected via Site connectors. The customer is using the global addressing mode which seems to be working fine in one of the sites. I modified both site's registry entry with the setting "local_machine/software/active voice/....etc etc etc". The other site as a curious error. When attempted to address a message by name 2 matches are found for every user at this site. If I spell out "doe" on the phone I will hear "for John Doe at extension 1234 at Washington DC press 1" I will also here "for John Doe at location" at that's it, no voice playback of the name greetings. I am not sure. HELLPP. Incidently this happens if I am at a phone at the DC site which is having the problem or if I am at a phone and logging on to my test mailbox in Philly then addressing the message to John Doe in DC. <br><br>
You'll get that if one or more of your location objects don't have recorded voice names and/or DTMF_ACCESS_IDs (i.e. extensions). Can you make sure that all location objects have both set? Then it should tell you which location that second instance is associated with.
so there a no other location objects in the system other than those two? Check under the Unity folder in your Exchange server, look in the locations sub folder and tell me how many location objects you see... if there are more than two, can you take a look in the SA and see if they all show up?
OK I see what you mean. There are a total of 3 locations. One for Philly one for DC and there is a blank one. I am assuming this is causing the problem. I looked at all network locations and none of them can be deleted. It looks as though the DC site has 2 default network locations.
ah... now we're getting somewhere. In DOHPropTest (under commserver\tech tools... just open it without a PW in read only mode) can you check the AVP_SYSTEM_ID, the AVP_LOCTION_OBJECT_ID and the AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID of all three location objects and post them here?
I'm betting we have got a stranded location object somehow or another (was there a box pulled off the network and then reinstalled at some point perhaps?) that's probably giving multiple matches...
If that's the case we should be able to just delete the offending locaiton object (but we need to be REAL careful to get the right one... the empty one might not be the bogus one... you'll trash your system in a hurry with a misstep here).
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.