Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Networking with 4.01 part 3 (Last one)

All servers now see each other. Directory searches using the Directory Handler find the correct names and even seems able to transfer to remote subscribers.

The last hitch we seem to facing is how to dial an extension on a remote Unity server and have the call transfered.

Site/Server A:

Directory ID 800

DID range 1000 - 1999

Site/Server B:

Directory ID 802

DID range 5200 - 5500

We allow employees to use 7-digit dialing, so I can call a coworker in Site B by dialing 8025027. I've used the same Directory ids as our telephone system uses to identify sites. When I call into the auto-attendant, I want to be able to dial 8025027 and be transfered to my coworked.

I've tried setting his extension to 8025027, and using an alternat extension of 5027 to meet his voicemail needs. The system responds with 'Sorry, I did not recognize that as a valid entry'. If I access the Directory handler, it will transfer.

Ideally the Unity server would send the Dial ID + Extension to the switch, so I could avoid alternate extensions.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Digital Networking with 4.01 part 3 (Last one)

Since you can get there via the directory handler, I don't suspect any Unity/Directory replication issues.

My guess is that something is messed up with Unity's search scope. Check out this link if you haven't already (it'll describe how Unity searches on these Ids)...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008008099a.html#xtocid6

Since we want to allow callers to transfer from one Unity to subscribers on another Unity, all servers are setup in a single dialing domain.

To make matters weirder, I can dial-by-name a coworker from within my mailbox if I am sending a new message. When I dial into the auto attendant and transfer to the directory handler, it cannot find his name.

All servers are set for Dialing Domain on the Directory Handler and the Primary Location addressing options.

Cisco Employee

As stated in my previous post you will need to do the following:

From the Tools Depot on the Unity desktop, run the Advanced Settings Tool, and select "Set Auto Attendant Search Scope" change the value to 1. You might have to stop and start Unity for the change to take affect.

Cisco Employee

From the Tools Depot on the Unity desktop, run the Advanced Settings Tool, and select "Set Auto Attendant Search Scope" change the value to 1. You might have to stop and start Unity for the change to take affect.

All servers have that parameter set, and have been restarted.

I may try to remove the dialing domain and re-add it.

Just to be clear, if my remote coworkers Unity extension is 5027, and his Unity server has a dial-id of 802, I should be able to dial 8025027 in the auto attendant, and it will send all digits to the PBX?

Cisco Employee

If you mean the remote subscribers extension in Unity is 5027 and the remote Unity's Primary Location has a dial ID of 802 can you then dial 802_5027 from the local Unity to transfer to this user? The answer is NO.

You can however dial 5027, from the main greeting and that should transfer you. If you want to be able to dial 802_5027 then you will have to add 8025027 as an alternate extesion number for this user on the remote Unity. Once you do that and it replicates out to the directory you should be able to dial the full 7 digit number.

Well, it still doesn't fly. I can dial alternate extensions that are on my Unity account, but cannot dial remote alternate extensions.

This is from the opening greeting on any of the Unity servers. I reset all servers to have no Dialing Domain, waited for replication, then added two to a new Dialing Domain (add one, wait for replication, add the second).

All servers have the search scope for the auto attendant set to 1, all have been restarted/rebooted. The Alternate extensions are in the local database in table DtmfAccessId.

What traces can I enable to examine what the system is doing or finding when I try to dial the remove subscriber's extension.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content