Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

Digital networking

I have got Unity 3.12. <br>1 Nt domain<br>2 Unity at two diiferent locations<br>Unity boxes installed as a member server to NT40 Domain<br>I installed Exchange 5.5 on Unity 1 Org-site<br>Question:<br>Should I create a differnt site in Exchange in the Exchange org for Unity 2 or just install 2 Unities to one site.(if it is possible with Unity 3.12) There is no email exchange involved. <br>Ojective is digital network the two Unity box for AA and VM messages by creating Dialing Domain. Everybody has Uniqe extension accross the company.<br>If I install two sites do I need site connectors for Digital networking...What is the impact on message delivery... <br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Aplication Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
  • Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Digital networking

You can install multiple Unity servers into the same Exchange 5.5 site no problem... you've been able to do this cleanly since 2.4.5.

I'd roll in the same site, much better performance and replication times than using a site connector... if this option is available, I'd definitely take that route.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Re: Digital networking

There is nothing in Unity that requires you to create two sites. Remember normally Unity is the application going into an Exchange environment.
I think the decision to create more than one Exchange site needs to be taken based on the requirements of the customers for what they want to do with Exchange.
Digital networking will work great with both the Unitys in the same site. For details on what will and will not work with two sites, you can refer to the Networking Overview document available on answermonkey.net.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies