Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dir-Listing in two box Unity Attattendant and VM

I have got a situation that I was forced to put Autoattandant on one box and voice mail boxes on separate unity. These two unity are totally separated and being serviced by one PBX. I noticed the Dir listing (555) is not working. I also created duplicate mailboxes on the autoattandant server for all the users. Can I create a call handler to say when somebody does 555 forward that to the PBX and to the second unity box where actual mailboxes reside. What is the relationship between 555 and mail boxes. If mailboxes reside on the second server that I have how I can make connection between the two for 555 to work.<br>Thanx<br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Dir-Listing in two box Unity Attattendant and VM

Sorry... but this is a totally unsupported configuration and simply cannot work smoothly.

Each Unity server stamps all it's objects with a custom ID such that it will only see objects assoicated with it (i.e. if you have multiple Unity servers in the same site they don't step on each other). The 2nd Unity box is not going to show users created on the other box(ex) in the site and that extends to the conversation finding them in the alpha directory.

I'm unsure why it was necessary to break this into two boxes but you're well outside the supported configurations we support in 2.4.x.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content