Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Direct-inward-dial for ephone dial-peers in SRST

When phones register in SRST, the router builds a set of dial-peers for each phone. Is there any way to make these direct-inward-dial dial peers? I need to have these be one stage dialing, instead of 2 stage dialing.

My problem is I have an overlaping range of DNs with a PBX that is connected with CallManager with a tie line. Under SRST, I want to route specific matches to the ephones, and wildcard matches to the T1 tie line.

For example, suppose I have an IP phone x4212, and a PBX phone x4218. Since this is an h.323 gateway, I already have a 42.. dial peer that points to the tie line (forward digits 4). Under SRST, it will build a dial peer to 4212, but this will be added to the end of the dial peer list. Since non-DID dial peers will pick the first available match, a call that goes to 4212 will get matched to the 42.. dial peer, since that is the first available match.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks, Randy

1 REPLY

Re: Direct-inward-dial for ephone dial-peers in SRST

By issuing the following command the problem can be solved

access-code {{fxo | e&m} dial-string | {bri | pri} dial-string} [direct-inward-dial]

Views
Helpful
Replies