cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Transfer to Voice Mail

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

I know there is a document out there I just can not find it. I did this about two years ago and have no tdone it since. I want my users to be able to transfer a caller directly into called party's voicemail box. I know the iDivert feature works as calls are coming in. But I need to be able transfer a call during an established call.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just be aware that there is no delay between pressing the last digit and when the personal greeting starts playing. So if you don't hit the transfer button QUICKLY the second time, you will miss part of the greeting.

4.1 (or whatever version) has a Direct Transfer feature. Just have to train your users to use DirXfer for transfer to voicemail and the differenced between Direct Transfer and Consult Transfer.

Applications such as Attendant Console have a transfer to VM key built in that doesn't (?) need the above procedure and part of the greeting doesn't get missed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can create a CTI Route Point for that. For example *XXXX (assuming 4 digit dial plan), wich has Forward All to VM checked. Make sure the VM profile has mask of XXXX. This way every time you dial * + 4 digit DN the call will be directed to the subscriber mailbox.

Chris

If it is still confusing here is a really good step-by-step guide http://www.adman.net/cisco/transfertovm.asp

fn3247
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the link to the most accepted way of doing this, probably the doc you are looking for and what your other responders are describing I believe. And it is indeed hard to find: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

Just be aware that there is no delay between pressing the last digit and when the personal greeting starts playing. So if you don't hit the transfer button QUICKLY the second time, you will miss part of the greeting.

4.1 (or whatever version) has a Direct Transfer feature. Just have to train your users to use DirXfer for transfer to voicemail and the differenced between Direct Transfer and Consult Transfer.

Applications such as Attendant Console have a transfer to VM key built in that doesn't (?) need the above procedure and part of the greeting doesn't get missed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: