Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Transfer to Voice Mail

Hello Guys,

How can I configure CCM to transfer (blind) a call directly to the VoiceMail without ringing?

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Yes.

Lets assume your DNs are in 3XXX range and you want to transfer calls to VM of each user using a pattern *3XXX.

a. Create a VM profile with VM profile mask XXXX.

b. Create a CTI RP with DN *3XXX.

c. Call forward all to VM. Remember to set any required CSS as appropriate

d. Make sure you apply the VM profile you created in step a on this CTI RP.

e. you should be able to transfer any call directly to voice mail by

i. hit the transfer button, put first call on hold.

ii. dial *3XXX (where XXX is replaced by the desired extension number)

iii. Once the call is answered by Unity, hit the transfer button again.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks Sankar,

Is there anyway to avoid hitting the transfer button for the second time. I know in CME we can do a blind transer but not sure if it's possible with full blown CCM.

Thanks,

Yes,

Enable the service parameter "Transfer OnHook enabled". Once you hit transfer and dial the destination, when its ringing you can hangup the call and it will be a blind transfer

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I'm trying to do the same thing, everything is working, but, it's only accessing the vm as if the user is doing it from their phone, i.e. going to listen to vm instead of having the user's vm greeting.

I'm running CUCM 8.6 with Exchange 2010 UM.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I've checked to make sure everything is in the same CSS.

@Sankar: btw .. thanks for the info about "Transfer OnHook enabled".. love that part!

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

That workaroud works  with Cisco Unity Connection or Cisco Unity because of the way that it handles the calls for known VM users. I am not pretty sure that it will work with Exchange UM.

Regards,

--espereir

@espereir

Yeah, I kinda figured that..    It's not a pressing issue, just a "nice" feature to have.  In the next few weeks, I'll dig more into it and see what I find for working with Exchange 2010 UM, I'm sure it's something simple.  

Thanks.

Shaun

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: