cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Transfer to Voicemail

sgamer
Level 1
Level 1

My client would like to directly transfer an outside caller to someone elses voicemail and bypass ringing to extention (i.e. someone is out of the office so they want to pass the caller into another subscribers voicemail without ringing their extention). I can't find an easy way to do this but have heard that one exists. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Try the Search mechanism of this forum and enter "Direct Transfer". You should find a multitude of posts on this subject.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I found 2 posts that explain the procedure, and it looks like it's working for one of the partys. I'll give it a shot although my work-around seems easier. For each subscriber, I created a bogus IP Phone and extention that forwards all to a 2nd Unity subscriber. The 2nd subscriber transfers directly to the original subscribers voicemail. It's ugly but it seems to work good.

Not applicable

I like this idea since it is much easier from a user's perspective. They don't have to go through nearly as much to xfer directly to voicemail.

Here's what I don't understand about this solution: "The 2nd subscriber transfers directly to the original subscribers voicemail". I tried this & cannot figure out how/where to tell Unity to transfer to another subscribers voice mail. What am I missing??

Thanks,

Eric

Not applicable

In terms of transferring directly to voicemail, you could use the #2 override. when a given call handler is set up to transfer to allow transfer to extension the caller enters the extension followed quickly by #2. This will send the call directly to the user's greeting.

In response to your all call forward solution. if I understand the solution, A way you could do it were to set up call routing rules in thr forwarded calls section. If the user as an extension 100 and you set up the bogus IP phone's extension as 200. 200 all call forwards to voicemail and it sees 200. the routing rule should be set to send to subscriber 100's greeting directly. This is tedious since you will need to create a bogus extension for every voicemail user if you are to use this. I have set up both applications for customers. They both work

I believe MMitchell answered this but to recap, I had to create a bogus phone and a bogus subscriber for each user. The bogus phone was "forwarded all" to the bogus subscriber and bogus subscriber transfered directly to the appropriate user's voicemail. My client tried both methods of transferring to voicemail and chose this one. It's a pain but it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: