cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

directed call pickup

dmainzer
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way that I can pickup a ringing phone by extension number? On our NEC system we dial "73", then the extension. I know about, and have configured pickup groups, but they are very restrictive.

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Pickup groups are the only way I'm aware of to do this. It might be worth filing an enhancement bug with Cisco's TAC as this would be a useful feature.

how is pressing "pickup" , more restrictive than pressing 73 then the extension number?

if alot of calls are coming in at once pickup groups are difficult in that case get a few 7914 extentions and whoever needs to do this alot put those numbers on the 7914. then they can just press one button to answer another phone.

Pressing pickup is fine if a single phone is ringing, but that's not usually the case. This is not personal, but that's a typical Cisco-style response; buy more hardware to get just half-way to a standard PBX feature. This is a common feature that should not require extra devices. The 7914's are nice, but they are still feature handicapped; they cannot provide DSS and BLF under the same button. Thanks for the response!