Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directed Park and Busy Lamp Field

Hello!

We are on CallManager 4.2.1 and plan on using Directed Call Park pretty heavily with the Busy Lamp Field (BLF) button. Right now I have individual directed park numbers for each person. Everything works great except, all the documentation seems to indicate that pushing the BLF when a call is waiting will retrieve the call. I haven?t had that luck so far. Whenever there is a call waiting and someone pushes the BLF button to retrieve it, they get a busy tone and a message on their screen that says ?Park Slot Unavailable.?

I guess my first question is.

1. Is the BLF button supposed to retrieve a directed call parked call at that number?

2. If it is, why is mine not working? I can?t find any service parameters or anything for it.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Directed Park and Busy Lamp Field

Hi Jerry,

From what I understand the BLF button is only used for Parking calls, not retreiving them. Have a look at this good info from Nat!

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddad96f

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the help. From the documentation I've seen, it looks like the button should be able to retrieve calls as well. I?d think if the system was smart enough to know there is a call there, it should be smart enough to be able to retrieve a call by pressing the button. I wouldn?t really want to use another button, but I supposed a button could be configured as a speed dial to their call park retrieval.

Thanks!

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Jerry,

The second button option is the only way I can see this working because the BLF feature is only meant to monitor Busy/Idle Directed call park slots and does not have the access prefix assigned. For example;

User A has a directed call park slot 88 assigned to him/her as a button on the BLF.So when they use this feature they are really speed dialling 88.

When someone wants to retrieve this call that was parked by User A they must dial the directed call park prefix that you set up (example 21) plus 88 (2188).

When User A tries to retrieve the call by pressing the same button they originally used they are really dialling 88 again and thus get the"call park slot unavailable" message.

You would need to setup a second button with the 2188 prefix+park slot for this to work properly.

Here is an excerpt from the documentation;

"User cannot retrieve parked calls. After dialing the directed call park number to retrieve a parked call, the user receives a busy tone, and the IP phone displays the message, Park Slot Unavailable.

Ensure that the user dials the retrieval prefix followed by the directed call park number."

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content