cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Dialing by Name

marc.fontenot
Level 1
Level 1

My customer uses the built in Directory Handler to allow callers to access Unity subscribers by dialing their last and then their first name. The customer says this is cumbersome when the user doesn't know how to spell the last name or perhaps the user goes by a different first name. His existing voice mail system (siemens) just dials the call when a match is made. (which to me is risky). The customer would like to know if Unity can dial the user once a definite match is made. Also, can I rerecord the Directory Handler greeting so that it tells the user they can dial just the last name followed by #?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no "go right away on exact match" option - I'm a little puzzled at why this improves the situation if a user doesn't know how to spell someone's name or not - wouldn't that just make it more likely you end up at the wrong spot? Not a good plan as far as I'm concerned.

You can check out some alternate spelling instruction prompts for the directory handler here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

It includes some options for just spelling the first X letters of the last name only in there - be aware changes to promtps are over written during upgrades so you'll have to reapply the one you want again in that case.