Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory from third-party LDAP

tcieslinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know that in CCM 4.x it was possible, so i need to develop application that can search different LDAP (i.e Lotus Notes)

This application should be accesed through Directory button on IP Phone (for example Directory->XXX LDAP). I have Lotus Notes LDAP and i need to search in it for users.

Is it possible ? I know that something like that was working in CCM 4.x Is it possible in CCM 6.1 ?

Thank You very much for your Answers.

BR,

Tomek

15 Replies 15

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can use the exact same application.. you just cannot run it on the CCM but you need to put it on another Windows server (CCM isn't Windows anymore...)

Hello guys,

Can you please explain in a bit more detail what is required for setting up Lotus corporate directory lookup functionality using the button on the phone?

As fas as I understand there is no native support for Lotus LDAP and extra development work is required..is that right?

I would appreciate a lot any feedback that you might give on this matter!

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

We developed an application for a federal customer who is using Lotus Domino. This app queries Domino directory via LDAP and displays results on IP phone. Let me see if I can find sample code. It was written in JSP/Servlet.

Thanx for the reply:)

Let me be more specific in my question...Since Call Manager is not based any more on windows servers, would an extra server that will run microsoft IIS be required for running the script? I have downloaded the SDK and a sample asp script...Forgive my ignorance but this is something i try to figure out and I am a bit confused sine I am completely new at this. Thanx for your feedback!!!

If you use .asp script then you need IIS to host it and if you use .jsp script, you can use Tomcat (free Java based web server, which you can install on any Windows or Linux box).

Thank you for your reply Muhammad!

It helps me a lot! I am going to recomend a seperate server either way for hosting the application but just as general knowledge question, Would you think that there is a way to use the linux based version of UCM with tomcat in order to host the .jsp on the UCM box?

You could use it, but Cisco has blocked direct access to UCM OS, tomcat and database. It is sold as an appliance. There may be a way to hack in.

arsnet.de
Level 1
Level 1

I developed an application for a German customer who is using Lotus Domino too.This application should be accesed through Services button on IP Phone This application queries Domino directory or Notes Personal Address Book via WebServices and displays results on IP phone. You can find a User Manual in german on my website http://www.arsnet.eu/workshop/iBOS20-Cisco-DE-pptA4.pdf . I can develop this Application in English too.

Regards, Robert

Hi Arsnet,

I was wondering if you used the ldapsearch.dll that is provided by Cisco SDK?  I am trying to do a simmilar thing, but the LDAP search for Umlaut characters is not passing to Active Directory properely.  I think it is a character set issue or something.  Not sure

Hi

I find too many limitations with that component, and it's pretty easy to query AD from ASP scripts and so on.. take a look at this post where I put up an example directory service you can base yours on.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3026015#3026015

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I saw yours, but had one glaring issue, unless i am not reading the code right, there is no ldap server defined anwhere.  You define the search ou, but not the server

Hi

I like that you assume that since you don't understand the code, that it doesn't work... and that I would write something that doesn't work then post it up?

In AD, if you run it under the context of a domain user on a domain member server, you don't need to specify an LDAP server as it uses the built in mechanisms to select a local DC from the domain you specify. If you want to specify a particular server, research the standard mechanisms I've used (i.e. ADO connection to AD) and there will be a method of setting it.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I finally figured out why it was not working  Thanks!!!!.  I did not have IIS configured with a domain user.  so now if I browse to the ldaplist.asp it gives a directory list, but when trying to submit a search from the search window on the phone, it sais rwquesting and it brings us back to the search window.  Any suggestions would be apreciated.  I am not a developer but am being tesked with emergency development ;(

Hi

Yeah, I'm not a developer either... though I'm starting to smell like one.

This section may be the problem:

Dim sURL: sURL = "http://" & request.servervariables("SERVER_NAME") & replace(request.servervariables("url"), "LDAPInput.asp", "LDAPList.asp") 
%>
LDAP DirectoryEnter search parameters...
<%response.write(sURL)%>

the Dim... line generates a URL that will contain the server name; if the phone's can't resolve that via DNS (i.e. don't have DNS servers assigned or the server isn't in DNS) then it may fail.

Try replacing those lines with :

Dim sURL: sURL = "http://" & request.servervariables("SERVER_NAME") & replace(request.servervariables("url"), "LDAPInput.asp", "LDAPList.asp") 
%>
LDAP DirectoryEnter search parameters...
http://1.1.1.1/LDAPList.asp

Basically just put your URL that you browse to to reach LDAPList.asp in where I have the http://1.1.1.1/LDAPList.asp url.

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: