cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory handler message

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to change the the instruction message on the directory handler on a Unity 3.1(2) box. The standard message says to "Spell the Last and First name...." I've have had several people try and spell out the persons whole name. And when they misspell it, or it's Mike instead of Micheal they're certain the system's broke and I need to fix it.<br><br>I know you can record the name but I can't find any place to change the message.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

trthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen --

I have had exactly the same problem with a recent install. The user believes he has to type the full name based on the prompt. Is there a patched version of this prompt we could upload to take of this?

Most other systems prompt the user to enter the first 4 characters of the last name. Maybe we could do the same or come up with other wording to indicate you need only press a couple of characters and the # key.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: