Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory handler not matching names

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have a problem with Directory handler. It is not matching any subscribers. After getting into Directory handler, when you enter the user name, it gives a message " Sorry, no matching names". But the strange thing is, it matches for Example Administrator and Example Subscriber. But not for any other users. I double checked the subscriber settings, they are all checked to list in directory. This problem is seen in two new installs, one Unity 3.1(3) and another Unity 3.1(1). In another place where it was an upgrade from 3.0(3) to 3.1(3), this is working fine. Checked the release notes, no caveats found for this. Any clue ..... Thanks in advance.

Anup

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There were some bugs along these lines a while back... try removing the Example Administrator and Example Subscriber from the directory list (in the SA on the profile page uncheck the "list in phone directory" box) and see if that clears it. If not, I'll hunt around in DDTS for this...

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but anyway... have voice names been recorded for the subscribers? I have a vague memory that you need to both record the voice names and check the "List in Phone Directory" check box on the subscriber's profile page (or in the subscriber template).

Found a bug related to the Example Administrator and tried removing both the Example Admin and Example subsriber for the directory listing, but that did not help.

Also tried recording the names, that also did not fix the problem.

Is this a problem related to fresh install of Unity 3.1(x). Don't know why... Planning of doing an install of 3.0 and then upgrate to any 3.1 and see if that makes any difference.

Anup

no, that should absolutely not be necessary... clean installs are usually much safer than upgrades. There's something else going on there and I definitely t think installing 3.0 and upgrading is not a good idea. You need to get TAC in there to look at it. If there's some issue we need to know about, it'd be nice to figure it out. There haven't been any problems like this reported in 3.1 that I know of so this is new.

Thanks for the info. Well the upgrade I am planning to do is in the lab not in the production network. Just to see where it is going wrong. Thought of doing a bit more research on this and play around the previous versions before bringing up this issue to TAC. In the mean time let me know if something else comes up.

Got it working.... What I did is applied Service Pack 2 for SQL 2000 and now everything is working fine. I tried this in Unity 3.1.1. Thanks to all of your for your response

Anup

That was a such silly mistake we did. Actually for a subscriber to be listed in the directory, you should complete the self enrollment process. We were in a hurry and did the required settings for the subscribers via the Unity System Admin and hence when we tried the directory handler it did not work.

Anyway now it is working fine and thanks for all your suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: