Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Directory Handler questions

Hi all,

I'm running Unity 4.0(2) and I need to have multiple DHs. I am using the Default Subscriber COS for 90% of the users and I created a new COS for the other 10%. When I go into DH, it won't let me select the Default Subscriber COS and they both default to the New COS I created.

But the other wierd thing about this is that all the subscribers show up in the DH assigned to the Default Subscriber COS. If I select the DH I created, none of the users assigned to that COS are listed.

Any thoughts ???

Also, is there a way to have a separate Operator for the other DH ?

Thanks,

--Jon

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Directory Handler questions

for the first item it sounds like you're hitting this bug:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCea14907&Submit=Search

it should be set to the right COS but it's showing the wrong one - it's fixed in the upcoming 4.0(3) release.

I'm not sure what you mean by your second question - directory handlers are simply lists of users that outside callers can find folks in by spelling their names - they aren't associated with operators. If you want to have multiple operators handled, this can be done with some configuration work on your call handlers and subscribers user input keys - you can check out the 'Audiotext applications in Unity' paper on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com site for more details on what you can/can't do in simple tenant services type setups including doing local area operators.

New Member

Re: Directory Handler questions

Thanks for the response... let me clarify.

1) If I break the users up between the COSes an setup the directory handlers, one for each COS, when I search the one of them, I never get any of the users assigned to that COS to be listed. If I change the user to the other COS, it works in that directory handler.

2) It is actually 1 Unity server doing multiple AAs, so the problem is that if you 0 out when you are in the DH, it takes you to the operator. If I was searching the directory for division B and 0 out, I still get the operator for division A.

I have the operator configured ok for all the Call Handlers and subscribers.

--Jon

Cisco Employee

Re: Directory Handler questions

for #1 you can use the Audio Text Manager for that - the SA doesn't expose all 4 exit destinations for editing, it simply sets all 4 of them to match the one you can set - which is a little lame so I exposed all 4 seperately in ATM. You'll find the ATM in the tools depot on your desktop in the administration tools - you can also head out to www.CiscoUnityTools.com and get the latest, but for this you shouldn't need to.

For #2, I've been doing a little testing on my 4.0(3) release - this bug is fixed there but I can tell you how to check what's going on. If you open up CUDLE (Cisco Unity Data Link Explorer - it's in the tools depot and you can get an updated version off www.CiscoUnityTools.com), fire it up and go to the "NameLookupHandler" table in the database - The two columns of interest are "SearchScope" and "SearchScopeObjectID" - the search scope for a COS should be "5" and the object ID is a unique identifier that points to the row in the COS table in the database. If you choose a new COS in the SA and save and then hit "F5" to refresh the view in CUDLE, you should see that ObjectID change - I believe it is. Now if you change anything else and press save on the SA it'll revert back to the default subscriber COS due to the bug so be careful not to do that.

If you see that the object Id is, in fact, not changing when you select it then there's a bigger problem at play and you'll probably need to upgrade to 4.0(3) here in a couple weeks when it's available.

83
Views
0
Helpful
3
Replies