Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

directory handler routing?

Can you route a call using the directory handler? For example, an external caller dials by name in the directory. Instead of transfering to that person's extension, I want it to transfer to a secretary. <br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: directory handler routing?

When you find the name of a person in the alpha directory, it’s going to follow the instructions set for that user’s contact rules (i.e. it’s going to do a release or supervised transfer to their extension or go right to their greeting if their box is configured to do that).

As such, if you wanted to set it up to send folks trying to get to this subscriber to an area operator or personal assistant you would have to configure the subscriber’s contact rules to do this. You could configure it such that the transfer string does a supervised transfer attempt to their personal assistant’s phone and if no one answers, pull it back and take a message into their mailbox.

This would mean anyone dialing that person’s Id via the auto attendant would ring their personal assistant’s desk. This may or may not be a bad thing depending on what the customer wants. In most cases I’d think internal folks would dial their phone directly instead of using the voice mail auto attendant anyway.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content