Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Directory Handler

I have an Automated Attendant "like" function on our main number which prompts the caller to press a number to receive a company listing. Unfortuneately, the system can only find subscribers on the local Unity system. Can a Directory Handler be configured to search the entire Exchange site so that users on my other Unity server are valid? The way it is now only the subscribers on the one Unity server can be accessed by the Directory Handler. This funtionality seems to be the same as when transfering to users on a different Unity server using the Location designation. But it does not seem to operate the same way.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Directory Handler

not in 2.x. Unity 3.x supports this type of thing with dialing domains. You can add any number of Unity servers into the same dialing domain (even across Exchange sites in 5.5) and the alpha directory can be configured to include all those subscribers in the dialing domain when users search by name there. Transfers across servers are always release, however, so if the folks want supervised transfers instead this may be an issue.

Check out the NetworkingOverview document on the General Tools page of AnswerMonkey for more details on Dialing Domains and networking in general. I'll be posting a shiney new version of this doc over the weekend that talks about AMIS and OctelNet support coming down the pike in 3.1.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content