Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Directory Handler

I am still having problems with the Directory handler. I am running Unity 303, Windows 2000, Exchange 2000..The directory has never worked when you go to spell by name it asks you to spell and then no matter what you put in it comes back with "Sorry this system is temporarily unable to complete your call please call again later. goodbye.<br><br>in the event I see.<br>AVDohLocation:: Get(AVP_DISTINGUISHED_NAME Returned (0x80004005)<br>Then<br>GetDohDirectory returned 0x80004005 on line 5808 of file h<br>then<br>FindLocalMailUsersByName returned 0x80004005 online 5636 of file h<br><br>Im still waiting on TAC to get back to me...any ideas..?<br><br>

7 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Directory Handler

I believe QA had seen a similiar issue where the location object wasn't getting pushed into the directory properly and that was causing problems. You can look in the "location" table in SQL under the UnityDB database and see if the location object (there should be only one) has a value for "directoryID". If it's empty, the syncher never got this guy into the directory properly.

You can also check in the directory itself for an instance of the location object. In ADUC turn on advanced, go to the unity folder and there should be a locations collection there. See if there's a location object. this wont be as definitive as checking SQL since there may be a location object floating around in there from an earlier install and you can't easily tell if it's linked up right...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Is this fixable?

Amy Jones
AAC Associates

Anonymous
N/A

Yeah... I need to get a look at the syncher logs to tell why it didn't create the location in the directory (I have a theory but the logs will tell me for sure). Can you go to the \Commserver\Logs directory and get all the logs that start with "SQLSync_", zip them up and email them to me? It could be as easy as deleting the location object out of the directory and forcing another resync, it could be as hard as a gnarly permissions issue with that container.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

For those of you following along at home, here’s what the deal was with this:

Unity 3.0(3) includes a small change to the schema that allows the Unity folder to be in an OU. If you install 3.0(3) new, it’s stuck in an OU by default (which is a good thing… trust me). If, however, you’re upgrading from 3.0(1) or 3.0(2), we’ll use the folder that’s there already and all is well (i.e. you don’t need to extend the schema to upgrade to 3.0(3)… we don’t want to be banging on the schema stuff all the time if at all possible).

However, there is one scenario that will bite you here. If you install 3.0(1) or 3.0(2) with it’s schema, uninstall it (removing the Unity folder from AD in the process) and then install 3.0(3) without applying the 3.0(3) schema extensions, you’ll get into a situation where we cannot create locations in that folder. 3.0(3) puts these folders in an OU, but the 3.0(1)/(2) schema extensions don’t allow for this. No fun.

To fix the problem they ran the schema extensions for 3.0(3) and forced the Syncer to kick in again, this created the locations properly, linked everything up and the alpha directory started working like a champ.

BTW, to force the syncer to “walk” SQL and make sure it’s all matched up with corresponding objects in the directory, run the Configuration Setup (icon on the desktop for part 2 setup of Unity) with the “/Sync” command line parameter. This should pop up a dialog with a “next” button on it and the next thing you see is the fabulous “magnifying glass” animation as the syncer works.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I looked in SQL and you are absolutely right it is null for Directoryid. In AD there is a Location object under unity but there is nothing under it...

Looks like the conversations are having trouble getting to the Distinguished name for the default Location. Not sure what the issue is here. This distinguished name for the Location object is the LDAP definition to reach the location, eg
cn=defaultxxx,cn=Location,cn=Cisco Unity,ou=TempOU,o=MyOrg

Are you able to sign in as a subscriber and send messages by looking for folks by name?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Hi Anil, I just tried and it gives me the same response...

Views
Helpful
Replies