Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

directory lookup not working?

I have callers go to a main greeting and if they press the button, they go to the directory handler where they can reach an extension by spelling by name. <br><br>When they spell the name and either wait or press pound afterwards, they get this message: " Sorry, the system cannot serve you at this time. Please try again later." (That is paraphrased). Following this message I observe the following 5 separate event messages in the application log:<br><br>FindByName returned [0x80004005] on line 212 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvUtilities\AvConvAddrSearchSvr\AvSAddrSearcher.cpp <br>Running conversation AD on Port 1 <br>Running conversation AddrSearchConv on Port 1 <br><br><br><br> returned [0x80004005] on line 10283 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvUtilities\AvConvAddrSearchSvr\AvSAddrSearcher.cpp <br>Running conversation AD on Port 1 <br>Running conversation AddrSearchConv on Port 1 <br><br><br><br>FindLocalMailUsersByName returned [0x80004005] on line 5617 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvUtilities\AvConvAddrSearchSvr\AvSAddrSearcher.cpp <br>Running conversation AD on Port 1 <br>Running conversation AddrSearchConv on Port 1 <br><br><br>GetDohDirectory returned [0x80004005] on line 5789 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvUtilities\AvConvAddrSearchSvr\AvSAddrSearcher.cpp <br>Running conversation AD on Port 1 <br>Running conversation AddrSearchConv on Port 1 <br><br><br><br>IAvDohLocation::Get(AVP_DISTINGUISHED_NAME) returned [0x80004005] on line 7161 of file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvUtilities\AvConvAddrSearchSvr\AvSAddrSearcher.cpp <br>Running conversation AD on Port 1 <br>Running conversation AddrSearchConv on Port 1 <br><br><br>I can interrupt the main greeting and dial an extension. All calls are being routed to the appropriate places... I ran the directory walker, it returned with no errors... This is a new system. I upgraded it from a demo system to UM. It works with Call Manager 3.1.1. Unity 3.0.2, tsp 3.0.1.0 (I think).<br><br><br>Any ideas?<br><br><br>

7 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: directory lookup not working?

Is this happening for everyone you search for or just particular users? I'm assuming this is just one Unity server and we're not talking about multiple boxes spanning a dialing domain or the like... true?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

This is happening for everyone we have in the database. This is a test system, so right now I've only put two users in the database. This is one Unity server running Exchange 2000; it completely standalone. There are no other Exchange servers and the machine is in its own domain.

Anonymous
N/A

Could be related to a bug Mike talked about in an earlier post, check out this thread:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=Unity3x&Number=6802&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=yenomm&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=6754

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

The example admin is not listed in the phone directory.

This problem occurs for all the users. It doens't matter which key I press, which user I'm trying to dial.

Also, the message I'm getting may be slighty different than the one Mike had. My message says, verbatim: "Sorry, this system is temporarily unable to complete your call. Please try again later." His states that the "system is temporarily unavailable." I don't know if that is verbatim though...

One thought - I removed the Example Subscriber account because when I upgraded from the demo to the full system, it said that the example subscriber account had new messages. But I couldn't access them to delete them. Could this removal be causing a problem? Should I never delete the example subscriber account?

Anonymous
N/A

Did you find a resolution to this problem.. I am seeing the same thing. With the same exact message for the directory.

Anonymous
N/A

It turned out the location object was not being created in the domain that Unity was 'connected' to. Somehow Unity got mixed up about which domain it was monitoring and which domain the location object was located in. We are still trying to determine if it's a defect or another cause. Would you be willing to help with this investigation?

Is there any way you could e-mail me directly (mrmccann@cisco.com) to further discuss the problem you are encountering? If you have access to the system we should be able to figure out pretty quickly if it's the same problem. Thanks.

Anonymous
N/A

A customer running 3.0(2) recently reported the same problem you are seeing. Via Doh Prop Test check to see if AVP_DISTINGUISED_NAME has a value for the default location.
If the value is blank, this is likely your issue. We haven't found the best process for filling this back in with the correct value, but I will post something as soon as we do.

Views
Helpful
Replies