cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory service - SearchByUserid ?

luchau
Level 1
Level 1

I would like change the Directory app to make the user search by CallManager userid.

Alternatively I could make a completely new service. In either case I need to make a search for userid in DC Dir/LDAP - any suggestions as to how I can get to that information?

Regards

Johnny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've built a directory that does something similiar. The problem is that I don't think the activeX object that the standard directory search uses can search by anything other than first/last name and/or number and I know the LDAP service in the SDK won't. I had to go out and get a third-party activeX LDAP tool. I found one at ldapservices.com that works well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

There is a book that has some of the best information out regarding this issue which is published by Cisco Press. The author is Darrick Deel, and the topic is Developing IP Phone Services. Go to http://safari.oreilly.com and you can view this book online, and purchase it there.

Thanks, I will get the book.

Meanwhile does anybody know how I search by Userid in the LDAP dir. to retrieve the extension? (I know how to build IP Phone services - thats not the problem - I need to know specifically how I can send Userid to get Extension).

Thanks in advance!

I've built a directory that does something similiar. The problem is that I don't think the activeX object that the standard directory search uses can search by anything other than first/last name and/or number and I know the LDAP service in the SDK won't. I had to go out and get a third-party activeX LDAP tool. I found one at ldapservices.com that works well.