cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Walker

afeind
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Directory Walker 3.0 build 24. Now when I walk the directory I am getting all kinds of errors I have never gotten before. Specifically they relate to missing greetings. Why? Do I need to select and remove those greetings? I am a bit concerned because I never saw these errors before this version. I want to use DIRT to back up my Unity so I wanted to get the latest DW and use it but I want to be cautious before removing missing greetings. Are those there because of something I have mis-configured in Unity?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I added a BUNCH of new checked in the 3.x version of dbWalker you're using, the greetings file is one of those new checks.

You can check this manually by looking at a call handler or a subscriber where it's barking about missing greeting files and verify that they are indeed missing. I'm betting big money they are. Yes, you'll want to clean them up first - you can do this automatically with dbWalker if you want. But be sure to check a few of the handlers/subscriber manually yourself to verify they are missing - this is just a situation where there a file name path saved for the greeting and that path does not exist - this COULD be legitimate if the handler was set for a recorded greeting and then you switched it to a system greeting and then the file as deleted externally - but that's not overly likely.