cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Walker

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I recently ran Directory Walker on a 3.12b install. I received a message:<br><br>Alias=ESubscriber<br>Display Name=Example Subscriber - LUSD-UNITY<br>(error) Primary Call Handler is not valid!<br>This subscriber may be 'stranded' by an improper uninstall of a previous Unity system or it may be 'sharing' a primary call handler with one or more other subscribers.<br><br>If you select the 'Remove subscriber properties on mail users that have no primary call handlers' option and run again this user can be reimported to Unity.<br> COS Alias=defaultsubscriber<br><br>I ran DBWalker again, but the option to remove subscriber properties, is greyed out. Why can't I select it?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

That option is only available on 2.x systems. I was able to get away with that since in 2.x all call handlers (primary or otherwise) were stored in the directory along with mail users. I could tell a mail user was "stranded" if it's call handler was not in the directory.

With Unity 3.x all call handler information is stored locally on the Unity server they're created on in SQL. I can't be sure, then, if a user in the directory is stranded or not (i.e. they may just be assoicated with another Unity server elsewhere on the network).

(this is all covered in the fabulous help file for dbWalker, by the way...)

You'll need to use BunnyKiller (also available on AnswerMonkey.net) to clean those mail users of subscriber properties so you can import them again.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: