Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Directory Walker

I have installed Directory Walker 3.0 build 24. Now when I walk the directory I am getting all kinds of errors I have never gotten before. Specifically they relate to missing greetings. Why? Do I need to select and remove those greetings? I am a bit concerned because I never saw these errors before this version. I want to use DIRT to back up my Unity so I wanted to get the latest DW and use it but I want to be cautious before removing missing greetings. Are those there because of something I have mis-configured in Unity?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Directory Walker

I added a BUNCH of new checked in the 3.x version of dbWalker you're using, the greetings file is one of those new checks.

You can check this manually by looking at a call handler or a subscriber where it's barking about missing greeting files and verify that they are indeed missing. I'm betting big money they are. Yes, you'll want to clean them up first - you can do this automatically with dbWalker if you want. But be sure to check a few of the handlers/subscriber manually yourself to verify they are missing - this is just a situation where there a file name path saved for the greeting and that path does not exist - this COULD be legitimate if the handler was set for a recorded greeting and then you switched it to a system greeting and then the file as deleted externally - but that's not overly likely.

Views
Helpful
Replies