cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory with restriction based on a subset of users (multiple companies)

cvanitterbeeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We would like to setup a proof of concept system based on UCM7.x and being able to share it with multiple entities like customers.

My concern in this topic is that I don't want a customer to be able to see the number of another one via the standard corporate directory service.

Is there any way to make a custom service based on "something" that the sending phone/profile can provide in order to limitate the search to the subset of the customer only, and not all the numbers configured?

I know that for extension mobility, the MAC address is sent as parameter but I don't know if it's possible to send something else?

Do you have any examples of such scripts to limitate the view to a subset only of the directory?

Thanks in advance

Christophe

3 Replies 3

cronier.remy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The 2 "simple" informations you can obtain when you add a service on the phone are :

MAC Adress (#DEVICENAME#) and IP Adress.

You can also create a special service which is susbribe differently for each phone

Ie :

Phone A subscribe service Directory with url : http://IP/MyService?restriction=PhoneA

Phone B subscribe the SAME service Directory with url : http://IP/MyService?restriction=PhoneB

The only problem is that it could be long for the subscription

Please Rate this Post

Rémy

Do you have any example of the scripts that needs to be developped with special parameters as restrictions?

Interesting post, thanks !

I do not have example because it depends of lot of parameters :

. What kind of directory you want to reach (LDAP, SQL, ....)

. Is there a base which define the Rights and restrictions for the different profiles.

. ...

It is not very complicated to develop a service like this one, it depends on the language but all have the "get parameter / querry string" function.

Hope it helps.

Rate please

Rémy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: