cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIRT Backup will not run in as a scheduled task

jrezab
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer using DIRT along with normal backups. We manually ran DIRT backup and it works fine. We setup a scheduled backup in task scheduler. If we schedule it to run within 3 minutes, it works fine. If I schedule it to run in 1 hour or later and log out it will not run. I get a security error log that states that the user is has not been granted this logon type for this machine. I checked the policy and the user account that I use to schedule the job has logon as server, logon as batch and logon locally. what other right would I need?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That error is being thrown by Windows when the scheduler tries to fire the application up using the login credentials you provided - it's well up stream from my application.

Why don't you assign it to run as the account you're logged in as when you test it? That was the idea behind me requiring that you'd done a successfull backup before I let you schedule one - since this ensures the account you did the backup with manually had all the rights necessary.

I am using the same account id when I test the backup and when I schedule the backup user account.

I will pursue the Windows Security option.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: