Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DiRT didn't restore subscriber greetings

This is an issue that I have been working with TAC for a week and a half on and still no answers. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. The situation is that I did a dirt backup and restore and everything restored except for subscriber greetings---all other settings, including recorded name, came back. TAC had me run dbwalker and dohproptest, and the output showed that subscribers were pointing to the right directory for greetings, but not finding the right filenames.

If I look in the Stream Files folder of the backup, I can see that all of the greetings got backed up in this form:

ch_JSmith _Standard_MrGreeting_045F2557.wav

(if it doesn't come through in this post, there is a large gap of approximately 15 spaces between JSmith and _Standard_MrGreeting_045F2557.wav This may be important.)

After the restore, however, the names are in the Stream Files folder in this form:

ch_JSmith.wav

the _Standard_MrGreeting_045F2557 part is missing.

The files are the same size and have the same modified date. So they are the same files with a different name.

So that explains why the greetings were all blank, since Unity couldn't find the greeting files it was looking for. But the question I need to answer is why didn't the greetings come back as expected. I suspect that it has something to do with the rather strange formatting of the filenames. This happened for all subscriber greetings. We had people rerecord their greetings and they were ok (and looking back I think could have manually replaced the Stream Files folder), but the customer wants to know what happened.

I used the latest versions of the backup and restore utilities, and got no errors on the backup and one error in the restore that TAC says was not anything to worry about. I have also looked at the Stream Files folder of several other Dirt backups, and the files seem to have the same large space in the name. The case is E560828 if anyone wants to look at it.

I appreciate any help on this problem.

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: DiRT didn't restore subscriber greetings

No, the format of the WAV file names here doesn't have anything to do with that. Unity has had that goofy wav file formatting with all those spaces in there since around 3.0(x) - it's annoying but perfectly legal.

Further, DiRT does not touch file names - it's simply dumping all the WAV files (greetings and voice names alike) that it backed up from the stream files directory into the new stream files directory again - it does not touch these files other than to copy them and does not care what their file names are.

I suspect this is probably related to something along the lines of a custom location for the stream files directory that's not being properly respected or something along those lines - any chance you guys have changed it's location in the Advanced Settings tool somewhere along the line or the like?

If you have remote access to the system and I can look around a bit give me a shout at lindborg@cisco.com - I'd like to poke around a bit and see the full restore logs and all that good stuff.

Views
Helpful
Replies