Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dirt Installation - system files out of date error - cannot get around

Unity 3.1(2) Ex2K on box. I am trying to install dirt utilities. On running setup I get message that system files out of date, click ok to update, reboot. Re-run and get same message. happens on both backup and restore.

Unity running okay

5 REPLIES

Re: Dirt Installation - system files out of date error - cannot

It's the new version from answermonkey i am having probs with. the older version from cco works okay. I think its 2 files the ocx and wininet.dll that do not get updated. I tried on another machine and had same probs.

Cisco Employee

OK, let me run some tests here - we've tried that install on a number of boxes without a hitch but there must be some configuration we're not hitting that you're seeing in the field.

Cisco Employee

Alright... I posted new setups for both DiRT restore and backup here - I think it was the WinInet.DLL - since this is always loaded in memory it'll need to restart to replace it. All our test boxes here have the latest version of this guy (which is touched by IE versions/SPs among other things).

I'm using this file for the new feature that has applications automatically check to see if there's an updated version available or not - since the WinINet.dll is always there I just removed it - I'm only making real basic web calls out so older versions should be OK. If you can try this feature real quick and let me know if it behaves properly, that'd be great (assuming this installs OK). Since you'll be running the most recent version it wont say anything at startup but if you can do the manual version check under the help menu it should come back and say "you're running the most recent version" - which tells me the call out via this DLL worked OK.

Setup runs and installs now. Program appears to run okay.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Good deal... I'm in the process of updating the setups for several of the other tools that introduced the "call home" feature to be sure this file isn't included.

thanks for the follow up.

Views
Helpful
Replies