Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DiRT restore issues?

Has anyone ran into a problem when DiRt synchronizes the SQL table with the directory and it hangs on step 59 of 61 and never seems to recover? I have verified that I have exact matches of Unity Software, but I cannot figure out what is going on. I am running this on a 4.0(2) machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: DiRT restore issues?

Step 59 of 61? Not sure what you're talking about there... DiRT simply kicks off the SQLSyncSvr process after restoring SQL and editing as necessary.

You can check the SQLSyncSvr logs found in commserver\logs to find more details about why the SQLSyncSvr would be hanging.

also, which version of DiRt restore is this? if it's the latest, what log info gets kicked out.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Step 59 of 61? Not sure what you're talking about there... DiRT simply kicks off the SQLSyncSvr process after restoring SQL and editing as necessary.

You can check the SQLSyncSvr logs found in commserver\logs to find more details about why the SQLSyncSvr would be hanging.

also, which version of DiRt restore is this? if it's the latest, what log info gets kicked out.

I am talking in reference to the window that will pop up and list any errors. At the bottom of that window, it has a progress meter and it is reading 59 of 61. The tool itself generates no logs becuase it seems to hang. Thanks

Cisco Employee

OK, that's 59 of 61 objects to be synced to the directory... does that sound right (i.e. you have a total of 61 subscribers, distribution lists and distribution lists in the system)?

Check the SQLSyncSvrxxx log (xxx is a time stamp) that's found in the \commserver\logs directory - this is the guy that's actually doing the sync work and it should indicate which object it's tripping up on. It should eventually time out regardless but it sounds like some object in the directory or another is giving it fits. You can kill the sync window there and let the restore continue - you can kick the synch off again manually afterwards - but if it's getting that close to the end it's probably got all the subscribers - my guess is there's a distribution list in there with an invalid character in the name/alias or something causing the syncher to go in the ditch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content