Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Disable autologin on VXC6215

Hi community,

I've just started to use a VXC 6215 thin client and everything was working ok until it was connected to the internet and the client starts to download and install  updates, after the firmware was updated many of the administrative functions have been disabled.

I searched for some documents and i found out that some kind of autologin plugin was installed during the firmware update.

Is there any way to disable this autologin function and return to the administrator view??

Thanks for your help

Christian Paz

Everyone's tags (4)
11 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Yes, however we do not support doing so. Many of the functionalities from the 6215 are tied to the user which is used for the autologin. ie the UC add on won't work as admin.

Also, it doesn't upgrade just because it has internet access, either you configured the upgrade manually, it was configured via DHCP or pushed via VXCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks for your help, it is much more clear now. However i need to make some changes to the configuration of the vxc 6215 such as adding new static routes and add a new connection broker for vmware view. How do i disable the autologin mode to  log  as an administrator and make these changes. I don't have the VXCM.

Christian

Cisco Employee

Just as the upgrade couldn't happen just because it had internet access, there is certain configuration that had to be done in your network for that to succeed. Someone must configured a wlx.ini / wnos.ini / user.ini file with the add-ons that had to be installed. Once you're in auto-login mode we expect you to manage the 6215 via those files to push any configuration you need, as it will be in the deployments. You'll need to find out who is hosting the .ini files to then modify them as necesssary to push the broker connection.

The 6215 configuration guide contains the reference for the .ini files and the parameters.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

The .ini files are hosted in the vxcm? If i istalled a new VXCM would i be able to change those files?

Also i would like to know if the thin client has some kind of reset button to go back to the factory defaults, that way i can log in as admin.

Christian

Cisco Employee

You can have them anywhere, as long as you point to the right web/ftp/sftp server and provide the right info for access and location of the files you can have them anywhere if you don't have VXCM installed.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

thanks for your help. I am going to review the configuration guide for the vxc6215 to access to those files.

Cisco Employee

Hi Christian,

I'm working on a doc - hope I get some time to eventually finish it - which explains a bit how to manage the files.

I wrote a very very short piece about it in this article: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25080

(see section 10. Install UC Add-On to the VXC 6215 if still needed)

Re: Disable autologin on VXC6215

Hello guys,

I would like to know how to disable autologin on VXC 6215 thin client. I want to log in as administrator and make some additional changes in control center. I don't have deployed VXC Manager, I want do it locally - it is possible?

I read whole configuration document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/vxc/english/vxc_6215_1-0/admin/AdminGuide_GettingStarted.html#wpxref25960

I found this:

"When the autologin add-on is enabled on the thin  client, the following options available on the desktop. If you disable  the autologin add-on, and then log in as an administrator, additional  options are available. For information on the additional options, see

"Configuring Thin Client Settings Locally (Administrator Mode)" "

How can I do what documentation said?

I think I am missing something in docs from VXC 6215. It say's:

" While Cisco does not recommend that you use dialog  boxes to configure thin client system settings, they are available in  case you want to temporarily override central default configurations or  you do not have the option to set up central configuration (smaller  environments). In general, Cisco recommends that you use central  configuration to enable you to automatically push updates and any  desired default configuration to all supported thin clients in your  environment (see Administration Guide for Cisco Virtualization Experience Client Manager and Central Configuration Using Cisco VXC Manager). "

Documentation say's that it is possible use thin client without central  VXC management, but it don't say how I am missing important button "Add" in Connection Manager.

I think it should work without VXC Manager, but I still don't know how. I need to login as administrator:

"The Autologin (autologin-1.0-2.sletc11sp1.rpm) add-on allows the Cisco VXC 6215 to boot with the thin user credentials without requiring the user to provide the credentials.

The Autologin add-on also restricts user access to administrator applications such as the Control Center. The user does have access to applications such as Connection Manager, Diagnostics, Diagnostics Log Viewer, and Volume Control.

You can use the Cisco VXC Manager to enable and disable these and other add-ons on your thin client.

The appendices describe additional administrative options that are available if the autologin add-on is disabled and you login as an administrator."

Thanks for any advices ...

Re: Disable autologin on VXC6215

You can do the following:

1. Open your In VXC Manager
  2. Go to Device Manager
  3. Right click on your device
  4. Select Execute Command
  5. Type:/usr/sbin/addon-remove autologin

You should see the autologin package removed from the package list in VXC Manager.

I also have this problem, in my case the thin client always run with auto login and does not allow to reconfigure, It has no IP and so it is not able to connect by th VXC Manager.

There is any way to restore the to the factory defaults, that way i can log in as admin?

Thanks.

Hello Everybody

There is any way to restore the to the factory defaults, that way i can log in as admin?.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content