Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Directories Button

javinunorosal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Is it possible to disable Directories button on a Cisco IP Phone?

I've tried by changing Directories URL in CCM but it still shows Missed/Received/Placed Calls.

8 Replies 8

robiadams
Level 1
Level 1

These are tracked by the phone device, in the local memory, not thru the url.

Yes that is true...

The Cisco IP Phone places those menuItems ontop of the directories-url menu. The only thing you could try is to enter a invalid url as directory-url. The phone will then display a 404 error and probably won't show the missed calls etc.

Give it a try ;)

Unfortunately it still shows missed/received/placed calls.

Thanks

Did you find an answer to this?

We need to setup shared phones that will not log missed/recieved/placed calls or have access to the directory. The 7902 would be a good fit but it's not for sale anymore.

Can the clearing of the lists be automated somehow? I know that they can be cleared on EM logout but we don't use EM.

Any suggestions?

see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/6_0/english/programming/guide/xsi60uri.html#wp1033340

--------------------------------

Init

The Init URI allows an application to initialize a feature or data with the argument that is passed with the URI.

URI Format:

Init:o

Where

o = the Object name.

Valid object name:

CallHistory-When the phone encounters an Init:CallHistory URI, it clears the internal call history logs that are stored in the phone. This action initializes Missed Calls, Received Calls, and Placed Calls.

Services-When the phone encounters an Init:Services URI, it closes the Services application. If Services is not currently open, it has no effect.

Messages-When the phone encounters an Init:Messages URI, it closes the Messages application. If Messages is not currently open, it has no effect.

Directories-When the phone encounters an Init:Directories URI, it closes the Directories application. If Directories is not currently open, it has no effect.

--------------------------------------

So you could create a scriptpage that will send an "Init:CallHistory" when pushing the directories button.

Not yet for log calls. I'm still working on it. I'll tell when I find it... if I do.

If you want to block access to the directory the directory URL in CCM should be changed to a non existing one (http://0 for example) or to a URL that shows an empty menu:

Sin directorios

By the way missed/... calls are still shown.

Hope this helps.

ckatene
Level 3
Level 3

if you configure the Directories URL to "Init:Directories" it will (should) clear the screen immediately after the user presses the directories button. Not perfect, but might have the desired result.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/6_0/english/programming/guide/xsi60uri.html#wp1033340

It doesn't show the "Corporate Directory" but it shows missed/placed/... calls.

The goal is not to show call history at all, ideally without having do clear it.

Nevertheless thanks for the ideas