cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable MOH for a specific directory number?

buporter
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to disable MOH for a specific directory number? Does it matter if the DN is a shared line?

Thanks in advance...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A small note here:

When using method 2 (using a non-defined MoH resource ID), you probably will get (recurring) Error messages in your Windows(Application) event log, stating "MoH out of resources" (or something alike).

Solution to this could be to configure a "silence" wave file for this MoH ID.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

MOH is played based on what is configured for the DN, Device, Device Pool, and globally in that order. For a particular DN to have no MOH, MOH will have to be disabled at each of these places. So, you could create a device pool which has no MOH configured and make sure that MOH is not configured on the device or DN. You probably do not have it configured globally. As far as a shared line, MOH would be disabled for both instances of the line, but if MOH is configured at any other point associated with the other device (Device or Device Pool), MOH will be played.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks so much for that information. I'll try your suggestion first thing in the morning and report back here with the results.

Brandon,

I've verified the settings for the DN, Device and Device Pool (I created a new Device Pool and placed these devices in the pool). I'm still getting MOH on these devices.

Where is the global setting?

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You could set this up in two different ways.

Method 1:

Like Brandon said, you could setup an MRGL with no MOH access and assign that to a separate device pool and assign that device pool to the phones in question.

Method 2: You could setup a device pool with no network/use hold source, so that it falls back to service parameter setting. In the service parameter setting for Default Network /User Audio hold (two different service parameters), set the audio source number to a value which has not been defined in the system. For ex: if your audio sources defined in the system are 1,2,3, then set the service parameter setting to 4. THis will cause MOH to default to tone on hold. If you additionally want to disable tone on hold, you can do that using the service parameter "Tone on Hold". The second method doesnt require you to create an additional MRGL.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I was trying out method 2 and the closest thing to "tone on hold" I could find is "Tone on Hold Timer" and it is set to 10. Is this what I should be adjusting to turn off tone on hold?

Gene,

Yes thats the correct parameter. Here is a brief description from the Service parameter help page.

This parameter specifies the number of seconds between every two hold tones that are played when a call is put on hold. For non-MGCP-based devices, if this value is 0, the held device will play the hold tone only one time when t e caller is put on hold; if the value is 200000, no hold tone plays; otherwise, the held device will play the hold tone every so many seconds (specified by this value) repeatedly. If the specified value is less than 5 seconds, the device will raise it to 5 seconds. For MGCP-based devices, the hold tone is disabled if this value is 0 or 200000; any other value will enable the hold tone on MGCP-based devices when the caller is put on hold.

Its very self explanatory.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

A small note here:

When using method 2 (using a non-defined MoH resource ID), you probably will get (recurring) Error messages in your Windows(Application) event log, stating "MoH out of resources" (or something alike).

Solution to this could be to configure a "silence" wave file for this MoH ID.

buporter
Level 1
Level 1

What I ended up doing to satisfy this issue was to create a "silent" wav file, assign it an id (3), and then apply that audio source to each DN that I needed to change.

Thanks so much to all who responded.