cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disable network setting on phone

astrohmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to disable the network settings on an IP-Phone so that a user cannot see the phone settings if he press settings > network configuration at his phone. I Think I read that this is possible in CCM 3.3. But I find nothing how to do it.

Achim

5 Replies 5

8r-schumann
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know that it is possible to disable the ability to view them. With CCM 3.3 you can disable the ability for someone to change them through the phone.

How can I do this?

ml4327
Level 1
Level 1

You can do this by going into the config page for the phone in question via CCMAdmin and the very bottom parameter in CCM 3.3 is "Settings Access"......set that to "disabled" to lock the settings out.

Yes Setting this to disabled will disable the Settings button. When a user hits the button nothing will show on their phone.

Then how would the user change their ring type and contrast? Does it still allow them to do this?

We are running 3.2.2c waiting for a CRS upgrade that will be compatable with 3.3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: