Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

disable network setting on phone

Is it possible to disable the network settings on an IP-Phone so that a user cannot see the phone settings if he press settings > network configuration at his phone. I Think I read that this is possible in CCM 3.3. But I find nothing how to do it.

Achim

5 REPLIES

Re: disable network setting on phone

I don't know that it is possible to disable the ability to view them. With CCM 3.3 you can disable the ability for someone to change them through the phone.

How can I do this?

You can do this by going into the config page for the phone in question via CCMAdmin and the very bottom parameter in CCM 3.3 is "Settings Access"......set that to "disabled" to lock the settings out.

Yes Setting this to disabled will disable the Settings button. When a user hits the button nothing will show on their phone.

Then how would the user change their ring type and contrast? Does it still allow them to do this?

We are running 3.2.2c waiting for a CRS upgrade that will be compatable with 3.3.

Views
Helpful
Replies