Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Disable RASCAL recording and monitoring

I have one license for Monitoring and Recording, but I am not interested in using it yet. It has never been configured to function properly and I don't want to implement that feature for a while. Is there any way to disable the initial check that CAD and Supervisor perform that pops up the error stating the RASCAL server is unavailable.

Thanks in advance,

Duane Brennan

American Business Systems

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Disable RASCAL recording and monitoring

RASCAL server is required to be running and agent be able to connect to that. Since RASCAL is not only for recording, it is also the statistic server as well that serves stats to CSD and Agents for queue stats.

So this issue needs to be resolved instead of just getting rid of it. So you need to know if the RASCAL server service is installed or not on the CRS server (or the server they might have installed the RASCAL

server on, which I doubt) to check if "Cisco Desktop RASCAL server" is available.

If not, check to see if this directory exists:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\RASCAL Server

If not, then most likely it is not installed, if the folder exists and the service is not there. You will need to recreate the service from a working machine off the registry.

Thank you for the response - I installed the RASCAL service last night and it appeared to fice the problem.

Duane

Can you reinstall the service only from a working machine or is there another way?

Silver

Yes, you can export the service from a working CRS box and import the same into the not-working CRS box.

Best approach is to run the reinstaller again.

Views
Helpful
Replies