Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Caller ID

Hi,

I want to disable the caller ID feature for the phones in my IP telephony network. The phones are 7960s and are using Cisco Call Manager 3.1.3. I know I can do this by calling the telco but I wanted to know if there was a way to do this in CCM. Is there a code I can include in the route patterns? Or is it something I must set in the service parameters?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ade

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Disabling Caller ID

It depends on the gateway and signaling in use. For IOS gateways, you can use the answer address command to insert any pattern as call id. For non-IOS gateways thic can be set in the call manager.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I am currently using MGCP on my network so the gateway gets all it sconfig from the call Manager. Where can I set this on the call Manager. I was looking at a group of parameters (UnknownCallerId, UnknownCallerIdFlag etc.) under Service Parameters but could not get adequate documentation on how to do it.

Ideally, I want to replace the phone number with a text ID e.g. Private number.

Regards,

Ade

I'm assuming you are talking about outbound calling. I'm not sure about differences in gateways and CallManager versions here, but have you looked on your gateway configuration for the "Presentation Bit" flag?

Best of Luck,

Dave

Ade,

If you are using MGCP it couldn't be easier, set the presentation bit to restricted on each gateway.

You usually can't send a text message instead of the number but then the PSTN in your country may allow this in which case alter the Caller ID DN field on the gateway.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

It worked like a charm. Is there a way to block a number based on its caller ID as well. This is for an incoming call.

Regards,

Ade

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content