cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling Interviews

maguire
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all-<br><br>Have Unity 2.4.6.135 and would like to disable interviews. For some reason (and I can't trace how this has happened in the past) a few messages have been sent to the example interview and example administrator. I'd like to disable interviews entirely, can this be done? If so, how?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Alex<br><br>IS/IT Administrator<br>Maguire Partners<br>555 W. 5th St. Ste. 5000<br>Los Angeles CA 90013

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There's no way to "disable interviews" across the system. There is a default interview handler that is installed as part of the setup and by default the opening greeting sends callers here after hours if they don't take action during the after hours greeting (i.e. by dialing an extension or selecting an option). You should simply be able to configure your opening greeting's after hours greeting such that it sends callers somewhere else if you don't want users going to the interview.

you can also make sure you have a real person setup as the recipient for that interview handler (which you should do anyway, as well as for the operator's mailbox). This would ensure you wouldn't have messages left for the example administrator... that guy is there as a placeholder, you should replace all references to him with a real person to prevent problems along these lines.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)